Be an informed seller. Get an appraisal from Cornerstone Appraisals.
If you're planning on putting your house on the market soon, a professional appraisal is a must. An appraisal doesn't cost that much and it pays in the long run! Unless a homeowner makes a career out of studying real estate values, like a professional appraiser does, it's difficult for them to fully grasp local real estate values.
You could be focused on the costs of purchasing and upgrading your home, or the amount you'd like to get for it. Rather, an appraisal assesses how much your home will bring on the open market.
Once you break it all down, at the end of the day, your house is only worth the price another person is offering to pay.
||Contact us for information regarding services specialized for home sellers.
Appraisals are valuable tools for families selling without an agent
Quite a few New Mexico homeowners are deciding to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the assistance of a real estate agent. But to do it right, quickly and for the best price, what you need is a professional appraisal. The best thing to have is an objective opinion, it can be very hard to be objective about your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will inform you of what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a sound selling price to attract more potential buyers, a professional appraisal can:
People are surprised to discover the value of their home is more than they originally believed.
So taking the first step and spending a little on a professional appraisal allowed them to get thousands more than they originally expected.
Alternatively, some people have an exaggerated assessment when they put a value on their home, and an appraisal helped them to to realistically price their home - allowing them to quickly sell it - rather than gathering dust on the market for months. Asking too much for a home causes buyers to back off, which means no offers and no closing, wasting your valuable time and draining your resources while your house waits for a buyer.
- Give you an advantage while negotiating once you have a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of your home's condition inside and out
- Call attention to any issues and eliminate overlooked repairs hassles that might stall a closing
- Help decrease the possibility of unrevealed problems that cause sales to flop
Pre-listing appraisals in Otero County
Even if you have a very skillful agent, it's in your best interest to get an unbiased second opinion of your home's value before finalizing a listing contract.
And that's where Cornerstone Appraisals comes in. We can furnish you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have an accurate description of your home's features and a detailed analysis of the most recent and similar comparable sales which we typically refer to as "comps" in the appraisal industry.
Consulting services for New Mexico Sellers: Put a local expert at your disposal
If you feel like an appraisal is not necessary but you need some help analyzing local property and sales data, we
can help solve your real estate dilemmas with services especially tailored for clients with your real estate needs.
Here's what to expect when you place an order for an appraisal through us...
- We take great pride in making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a prompt response: We tailor information to the needs of our customers. Just explain your situation, and we will provide suggestions.
- Quick turnaround for appraisals: Usually in a week's time or less from the date the request is received, you'll have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Appraisal and consulting report presentations that suit YOUR needs:
We've worked on many of assignments, and we understand that when it comes to real estate consulting and appraising, there is no typical or standard "cookie cutter" report. We provide many different types of reports and have know how at providing appraisals to consumers that keep the industry jargon to a minimum so that you don't have to be real estate attorney to understand it.
- Fast reply to follow-up questions: When we deliver a report to our clients, we make sure they are written in plain English, simple to understand, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that regulates the appraisal practice.
If you have any questions concerning your appraisal after you've read the report, just give us a call or email us!